Friday, May 9, 2014

V is for Victory

There is a problem in my office: The AC is constantly on. I wouldn't mind if it was actually hot outside, but since the weather has been pretty mild for the last couple of weeks, I resorted to layering button-downs with sweaters again. And I thought summer is just around the corner. 
Blue, white and red is an universal combo of colors for every patriotic occasion, including today. We are celebrating Victory in Europe Day, the end of World War II in Europe. Since the Slovak flag is also red, white and blue, my nautical take on a patriotic color scheme.  
Chambray Shirt (Walmart) // Anchor Sweater (Old Navy) // Thrifted White Pants (GAP)
Red Belt (Kohl's, similar HERE) // Bubble Necklace (Walmart, similar HERE) // Bow Bracelet (Forever 21, similar HERE) // Shoes (Alfani, almost the same HERE)  
United States are however celebrating the Victory Day day later, on May 9. So wherever you are, whatever you do, think about the amazing victory the whole world was able to reach in May of 1945. And celebrate with a cute outfit like me.  
XOXO,
The European Day

No comments:

Post a Comment