Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Dear Redheads, please forget black!

Yes, I was there too. Stocking up my closet with black tops, black blouses and black dresses thinking that black and only black will accentuate my red hair. Combine it with slightly wider hips and you will get a sea of black fabric wrapped around my body with a bright fire engine red hair on top.
Yikes.
After years of being a Redhead I learned my lesson, but sadly I still see Redheads who are sticking to black like it's the only color in the world. Dear Redheads, please forget black!

Example 1:
The biggest offender is Christina Hendricks. Her stylist clearly hates her because she wears black on almost every single red carpet event. Why Christina, why? The fact you have boobs won't save you from looking frumpy and old.  
I played in a basic photo editor and gave her color of Kiernan Shipka's dress. Look at her vibrant skin now. Look at her smile. Look at at least ten years melting from her face. Love it!
On another hand, Kiernan should do something with her eyebrows. They are too large and dark for her and make her look older. 

Example 2:
Ariel, you are 16. Why would you wear a black dress? Because it's the easiest and most obvious choice? Because it makes you look 26? Because ... ? I can't come up with more reasons, sorry. I just know it was the wrong choice. 
That's Ariel from about two years ago. Much more appropriate color choice for a teenager. And much more flattering to her red hair. There is a risk with every black dress - casting shadows on your skin. Unless you are a super model carrying a ray of light with you at all times, black will actually accentuate your every crease, wrinkle and spot on your face. Do you really want to risk it?

XOXO,
The European Redhead

No comments:

Post a Comment