Friday, May 10, 2013

Redhead of the week: Christina Hendricks

I am sure this admission will shock many, but I have never watched Mad Men. Never seen a single episode. I have no idea what the show is about except what I read in magazines and see on internet. But since the lovely Christina Hendricks celebrated her 38th birthday last week, I decided to honor her as my Redhead of the week. 
We already know that Christina Hendricks is not a natural redhead, and sometimes she really DOES NOT dress like one. Christina is pale, curvy and a redhead - someone I can totally relate to. I do not have her enviable bust, but as a decided Redhead who does not want to remember her natural hair color with a skin that usually only the palest makeup shade can match we can be almost twins!

But I am more careful with my color choices.

Christina looks great in light spring colors such as peach, light green, turqouise...


Doesn't she look WAY younger than almost 40?



But she rarely dresses in them. We can often see her in lavender, pink, silver, black that is all wrong for her.





All of a sudden she looks cold, with hollow cheeks and harsh lines in her beautiful face. And no matter how much boobs she will show, it still does not help.
On the other hand, colors like teal or tomato red suit her perfectly. 



No matter what color was your hair before, what shade of red is it now or what happened in between, you can find your perfect colors and wear them in the most flattering way possible.
And now excuse me while I go iron my new chartreuse Prabal Gurung dress :)

XOXO,
The European Redhead



No comments:

Post a Comment