Friday, May 24, 2013

High fashion, low prices: Laser-cut fashion

Big fashion brands are falling head over heels for intricate laser cut details on their skirts, dresses and purses. Marni, Alaia, Rebecca Minkoff, from top to bottom, from heels to bras, it's everywhere. And similar to eyelet dresses, I am looking for high fashion, but for low prices.



So I was on a hunt for fabulous laser cut pieces with a real life price tag. BTW I saw elegant laser cut leather shoes in Goodwill the other day. Not my size. Maybe that's what sparked the interest in me? :)

Laser cut under $70
Kohl's

I would probably never spend close to $70 for a purse, but for this baby AKA Nicole Lee Laina Laser Cut Studded Convertible Satchel I may reconsider my investment. It looks great for summer because of it's little orange tint, but it's totally wearable in the fall with the darker outfits that are more appropriate for darker days. I love the geometry of the laser cuts and the little studs add the purse an interesting edge. Yes, it is not delicate laser cutting as on Rebecca Minkoff, but still pretty interesting accessory for anyone.

Laser cut under $30

Love Culture

Silky dress in fresh summery color with laser cut design can never be a miss. Even though it looks WAY to short to cover all the parts that should be covered by a dress if I want to wear it every day, I can imagine a cute pair of leggings underneath to make this piece totally work. Imagine it with light pink or white leggings and golden sandals. Adorable, right?

Ruche

I have to admit I don't shop at Ruche, but I stalk that website like no other! Super adorable and feminine dresses are mixed with dainty shoes, ladylike handbags and plenty of romantic cute ruffly stuff I know I would rarely wear but treasure in my closet forever. But these shoes may be different... Chloe Ballet Cutout Flats are neutral enough to be worn every day, yet intricate laser cut pattern makes them the outfit maker pair of shoes.

Laser cut under $20
Target
Laser cut accessories are not for dainty pastel color lovers, because this neutral brown leather belt can be worn absolutely with anything and everything. Luke Bryan concert on a pair of shorts? Yes! Weekend shopping over a floral dress? Yes! Work appropriate with button down and dark green pants? Yes! And for under a $20, why not?

Forever 21

Comfy with elastic waist? Check. Short and appropriate for summer? Check. Laser cut and on top of all trends? Check, check, check! Forever 21 has the cutest laser-cut dolphin shorts I can imagine and they are right under $20. Living in California, owning a great pair of shorts is a must and I can confidently say these will bring me from day to night, from working in my home office to grocery shopping and even walking to bank or to get frozen yogurt. The style makes them casual enough and the laser cut design makes them stylish enough to wear all the time.

XOXO,
The European Redhead




No comments:

Post a Comment