Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I went shopping (for basics)!

Over the weekend I finally went shopping.

This is my shopping list:

white jeans/shorts
white tank top
denim shorts
chambray shirt
red jeans



I have plenty of button downs I love to wear with a crisp pair of shorts. To have them in white and denim is a must. And I also recently realized that I have no cute white tank top! All of mine have survived several summers and are not as white and pristine that I would like them.
(Chambray shirt and red jeans are optional items for fall, and I plan to buy them at Goodwill. Why spend $20 on them, when I can get them for $4?)

So to the mall we went.
Forever 21 provided a simple white tank top, so simple and basic that is almost boring. I won't bother you with a picture :) However, Old Navy has one white tank top that I really like and I am thinking about buying it as well.



White tank top is a simple basic worth combining with almost everything and anything, but I have one particular combination in mind...


Couple of weeks ago I shortened the hem on emerald capri pants from Forever 21 to make them bermuda pants. With simple navy cardigan and yellow printed scarf the whole outfit just screams nautical, Don't you think? :)
Let's move down my list. White shorts were on sale at Love Culture, store that I LOVE but it's not friendly to curvy girls. Stick thin teenagers and young women? Yes. Curvy young women? Only if you are lucky enough. I was able to find one pair of white shorts that would fit and they were missing a button, so I even got them with a discount. But I am so paranoid about them shrinking in a dryer that I hand washed them and air dried them because they are white but not see through and if it was the last pair, I can't get them anymore at all.


At Kohl's I got simple denim shorts. I am really not that keen on showing my backside, since as I curvy girl I know it attracts attention all by itself, no revealing clothes required. These shorts have a cute cuff that keeps them looking polished while summery. And with my $10 off coupon they were only $7.99!

Surprisingly, weather turned really ugly this week so I can't start to wear my shorts. Oh well. But life in California is pretty sunny anyways, so I am sure I can be tanning those pale legs in some summery outfits  pretty soon!

XOXO,
The European Redhead

2 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. be careful about the quality of basics...I think in forever 21 they don't have very good basic clothes (the quality of cotton is poor)

    ReplyDelete