Saturday, October 19, 2013

CY06

Sounds foreign to you?
Sounds like a secret code?

Yes, it is. It is a secret code to my skin.
Yesterday I went to Sephora and had my skin matched. And this is my skin tone.

CY06.

Yes, I don't know what it means either, but I know what makeup should I wear and that it will cost me about $50 to look natural.
But let's start from the beginning.
Sephora recently introduced a tool called Color IQ that will scan your skin and tell you your exact skin tone. They matched all possible skin tones to their makeup, so the tool will tell you what exact shade to buy to look your best. No more guessing! No more trying makeup that is either too dark or too light. Now you will know for sure.
The lovely Sephora makeup girl in a sixties inspired smock took the scanner and scanned three spots on my body, my inner arm, my neck and my face. After a couple of seconds the scanned beeped and revealed a number, or rather a secret code - I am a CY06. Then it showed me about 100 different products suitable for my skin tone and I could narrow the selection down according to my skin type, type of coverage I am looking for, consistency of makeup and so on.

I was recommended to start using the Laura Mercier Silk Cream Foundation in Beige Ivory, so I requested a sample to try at home. I really want to know if it's worth the $40+ price tag. But since I just ran out of my favorite CoverGirl foundation, I may as well try to buy it sooner than later.

XOXO,
The European Redhead

No comments:

Post a Comment