Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Picking out new glasses with Warby Parker

I wear glasses. Not a lot, usually just during my work commute in the morning and when I really need to see something during a work meeting or when I go shopping. I picked my frame after a careful consideration and after almost two years, it's time to upgrade. 
When I was a child, my parents somehow discovered I can't see properly and ever since I was 8 or 9, I was wearing glasses. My sight was getting worse and worse and by the time I was 14, my glasses were THICK! Of course I refused to wear them and I switched to contact lenses. Imagine the relief when I could cross off glasses out of my list of insecurities when growing up. When I was 21, I opted for a lasik surgery and I could see like a hawk for a couple of years. 
Before this redhead became a Redhead. See how thick my glasses were?
However, the surgery didn't last forever and I had to start wearing glasses again last year, even though my dioptres are way less than before. And of course, now I treat my glasses like the proper fashion accessories. 
I noticed a lot of redheads tend to gravitate towards thick black rims hoping their red hair will be more noticeable - or the rims will be more noticeable in the mass of their red hair? Who knows. I could never find the right pair for my face, and honestly, I almost gave up looking. Because I know I will never look like this. 
I would probably try this pair from Warby Parker, however. The dark frame gets lighter on the bottom, similar to my current bronze frame that I'm sporting.  
BENSEN by Warby Parker in Blue Slate Fade, available Aug. 5


But as a Decided Redhead I decided to go for color. My current frame is bronze and I was also considering a pink, red, green and a blue pair. Just look at Christina Hendricks, isn't she gorgeous in her shimmery green-bronze frame reflecting light from her shiny red hair? Pure beauty. 


Look at this light blue pair from Warby Parker. Wouldn't it look great on Christina, or any other ginger? I would love to see them on a Redhead with a face full of freckles.
WELTY by Warby Parker in Marine Pebble, available Aug. 5


The closest location to me is in LA, so I may be lusting over these two pairs for a while. After reading about their amazing customer service I believe the wait will be worthwhile. 

Both Warby Parker frames come from their new Waterway Collection, inspired by warm coastal travels. Because summer is for relaxing! The Waterway Collection is available August 5 online at www.warbyparker.com/waterway and in stores and showrooms.

XOXO,
The European Redhead

2 comments:

  1. Kudos to you for picking the perfect frames! I love how they look on you, and how they fit your face really well. Adding a bit of color is fun and fabulous so why not, right? Well anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I hope you're doing well!

    Doris Gibbs @ Moody Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a Great Information about World Day its very nice informative post. thanks for the post. lasik eye surgery Michigan

    ReplyDelete