Sunday, August 3, 2014

Officially a Fashion Stylist!

My dream has come true and I am officially a published fashion stylist! I was approached at work if I would like to style a back to school fashion spread for children and of course I said YES! I approached a couple of stores with a request to borrow clothes and despite JCPenney responded almost immediately, I ended up pulling clothes from my local Goodwill and Kohl's. The whole process was actually pretty easy and I can't believe I didn't do it earlier! I spent a couple of hours at each store trying to pick the perfect combination of clothes and I finished styling them at home using my accessories. We got five local children acting as models and last Wednesday we also received a green screen for more professional look. 
The photo shoot was on Thursday and I was nervous because I wasn't sure if the clothes will fit. I haven't seen the models before, I only received their names and measurements so I was hoping everyone will be happy with my choices.  

This is Sammie. She loved her outfit so much she actually purchase the overalls and the plaid shirt! After that, the rest of the photo shoot was a breeze and everyone (including me) was happy and relaxed.  

Even my handsome Travis posed in two different outfits I picked for him. 

On Friday I created captions for all the outfits and our talented graphic designer Curt started putting the pages together. Here is the preview how the front page was supposed to look like.  
Abby is wearing outfit head-to-toe from Goodwill. If it came in my size, I would wear it too. Definitely my favorite outfit from the project.  
I'm officially a fashion stylist! I love to see my name in print.  
This is how the front page turned out... 
And this is the inside. Love it!!! I'm very grateful that I could turn my passion for fashion into a project for work and I hope I can do more fashion editorials like this. It was fun and surprisingly easier than I imagined. Can't wait for another photoshoot!

XOXO, 
The European Redhead

2 comments: