Saturday, June 21, 2014

Shop Till You Drop

I celebrated Father's Day quite unusually - shopping all by myself. After we took my father-in-law to breakfast, my husband decided to have an all-men day at the movies. So I went shopping.
My town has a beautiful mall looking like a little European town. It has streets and buildings and fountains and flowers... And it's empty. There are literally five stores in the whole mall - Banana Republic Outlet, Vans, Guess, Styles For Less and JCPenney. I wish we had H&M, Charlotte Russe, J. Crew, Old Navy or something similar, oh well.  
First I went to JCPenney. I had two coupons for $10 off purchase of $25 and I was on a lookout for something office appropriate. Do you see the structured pants and blouses? 
I already have so many orange things that I decided to pass on this shirt. I liked the cut and the material and if I could find it in fuchsia, I would get it. Pants were too tight.  
These pants fit good and the color is gorgeous, but the material felt too cheap and plastic. They are Worthington Ankle Pants and they made me feel like I'm wearing leggings from Walmart. Fail. On the other hand, the shirt was perfect fit and color and of course I got it :) You can find it HERE
I also got this gorgeous dress for $23.99 and I added a scarf so I could use my coupon. My final price was something around $18 for the dress. Yay!
Finally, I tried on this gorgeous coral dress which had only one flaw - it was over $45. I would never pay this much for a summer dress. It's called City Triangles Sleeveless Blouson Dress and I can see on the website that it's on sale this week... Hmmmm....

My next stop was Styles For Less. I always feel slightly depressed when I shop at SFL because I rarely fit their size M or L, and in case of pants I have to get XL.    
Fortunately, I only needed Medium in this dress. I liked it, but I am not sure about this whole hi-low trend. I also tried several other dresses (no pictures, sorry). Here is how they look on the website:

Unfortunately, they were not charming enough for me to get them so I left the store with two pairs of sunglasses. At least something, right?

XOXO,
The European Redhead



No comments:

Post a Comment