Monday, December 30, 2013

The worst fashion advice a Redhead can get

I recently stumbled upon an article about Julianne Moore on contactmusic.com about her fashion. Albeit she is a little older, I always liked Julianne red carpet looks, only because I feel like she is taking a challenge.
Boy was I mistaken.

Ms. Moore is following the worst fashion advice a Redhead can get. 


She said in an interview with Net-a-Porter's online magazine The Edit: ''I don't wear a lot of color because, having red hair, I carry a lot of color with me. I read a quote from an actress who said, 'Only wearing black is like not taking chances', and I was like, 'I guess I don't take chances then! I wear a lot of black!'
Red hair doesn't necessary mean no color at all. Red hair means you should be more careful when picking the right colors for you. Never wear black and black only and think that your red hair will make you stand out. Never wear black and think it's chic. And never wear black and forget about other colors because your hair is colorful enough. 
This picture of Julianne Moore is from the 2013 Golden Globes after party in January. Do you see the lines around her eyes, the thinning skin and dry lips? No, I am not trying to be mean. Just proving a point. 
And look at this one. Same actress, same month. And she looks 10 years younger! 
It's all about the color. Black mass of a high neckline of her first dress made her look older, tired, washed out. Radiant white with a deeper neckline exposing skin makes wonders for he appearance, no plastic surgeon required.
Don't be afraid of color, dear Redheads, no matter what your age is, and reach for that yellow or orange sweater you are just dying to wear. It will most definitely flatter you more than any black one.

XOXO,
The European Redhead



1 comment: