Monday, September 9, 2013

The Big Red Hair Color Experiment

People often ask me if my red hair is natural.

Yeah, sure :) I always take it as a compliment, that my red hair complements my natural fair skin complexion and that despite being vibrant and bright, it still looks normal and natural.
I usually use Garnier in 66 True Red - Pomegranate.

Honestly, before I came across Pomegranate, I tried every red dye possible. After an unfortunate incident, when a lady at a salon charged me $115 for coloring my hair, I swore I will never pay this much money for something I can do myself at home for about $5. This hair color is everything I ever wanted. It smells good, it applies easily and lasts a long time. Occasionally I try out something else, like L'Oreal Feria in R57. Just to see what other brands are doing :)

This shade for some reason always colors my hair too dark. The last time I applied the hair dye I let it sit for about 5 minutes less than the recommended time and I was fairly pleased with the result, so I would repeat it in the future, if I will be using it next time. If I will be using it the next time...
This week I am going to experiment! In my usual Sunday paper I found a coupon for Revlon ColorSilk Buttercream Hair Color. I have never used Revlon on my hair before, I love their makeup so I am expecting a good result. Plus I read a couple of reviews and I am pretty pleased by how this colors works. I still need to decide between two colors, the only two shades of red Revlon offers. The lighter one is called Medium Auburn 42R and the darker one is called Burgundy 48BV. I am leaning towards the lighter one, especially given my previous experience with L'Oreal Feria. My natural hair is not that fair, but I suppose the coloring process had made it weaker and prone to absorbing more pigment.
Dolls with dye, what hair color are you using? Are you coloring your hair at home or at a salon? Are you happy with your red hair?

XOXO,
The European Redhead

No comments:

Post a Comment