Friday, April 19, 2013

April showers bring thrifty powers

I went to Goodwill yesterday and I spent a whooping $10 on a gorgeous dress, dark slim jeans and a Calvin Klein shirt. Ten dollars on three pieces combined.
People often ask me how big is my closet. I always tell them it could be bigger ;) But because I love shopping at thrift stores, I can shop often and I do it a lot. I can afford to rotate my clothes quite a bit, because if I can spend $10 on three pieces in my closet, why would I go to a mall or a department store and spend $50 or more? I can stretch $50 into five months worth of shopping and get 15-20 new shirts, skirts or pants, not just one.
I was really shopping just for a nice sundress, because last time I saw a nice purple printed GAP dress, it was sadly a size 2 than I'm not even on a good day. I found a bright white polka dot sundress with tags still on it! It's really not a brand name, Blu Sage is apparently a JCPenney brand, but instead of $60 I paid $3. Yay me!




And I plan to wear it just like this:



I am forever looking for a good fitting pair of jeans, because I have a dream about buying jeans and cutting them up into a pair of cute denim shorts so I can have them in many different colors and levels of distressing... Once I have seen my favorite Diva jeans from Old Navy at Goodwill but before I could snatch them, they were gone. Imagine my happiness when I found something looking very very close as the Divas! I couldn't really read the label but they fit so good! The length is perfect for flip flops and sandals and they fit slightly higher on my waist, which is perfect, since my battle with muffing top is never ending. Only good fit can solve it (even the skinniest supermodels have it!) so on muffin top means a happy Redhead! Quick googling at home revealed that I am a proud owner of Bill Blass jeans that are not available anymore for at least six years and numerous women across America mourn their loss because they loved the fit. Yes, they fit great!



Someone in the fitting room before me left their unwanted clothes on the rack, so I took a quick look and I found a nice printed Calvin Klein blouse. I tried in on just in case, one never has enough Calvin Klein clothes, and I was amazed! The color of the blouse was stunning on me! I was wearing black cropped skinny pants and a set of stacked bronze bracelets and with the blouse on I could step into my old office and I would look totally appropriate.




Something like this:



I have VERY similar bag and shoes. Of course I bought it!

Do YOU love shopping at thrift stores? What is your favorite find?

XOXO,
The European Redhead






No comments:

Post a Comment