Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Birthday that rocks

I got the bike!!!
I celebrated my birthday and received three majorly amazing gifts, that ROCK!

1. A new bike!
My awesome hubby and my mom bought me a Huffy Nassau blue bike from Target. Now I can be cruising my small town in a nice dress with full skirt, flowers and newspaper in the basket, fresh coffee in my coffee mug in my coffee mug holder, stuff a cat or a puppy or a brown paper bag with two peeking baguettes in my front basket and imagine is 1953 or even 1923... How romantic!

2. Complete collection of Agatha Christie!
Walking through downtown Jackson we found a huge bookstore with used books, magazines, video games and more. They had a cat, coffee and muffin bar and a section with vintage clothes - what more you can  ask for? Maybe a couple of hours (OK, days) to look at all the treasures. Almost done and leaving, my eyes spotted something familiar. Name of my favorite author, Agatha Christie, embossed in silver letters in a back of a black book. Then another. And another. Turns out, the bookstore had the complete work of Agatha Christie on clearance! For a dollar a piece. 
Long story short, now I have 76 detective books bound in black leather on my shelf. I am still missing about five of them, so I can start a hunt to finish my collection.



Can you spot the books? :) 

3. Burlington Coat Factory gift cards worth $75 from my in-laws and brother-in-law. 
Thanks guys! :) I already have plans on what to get! The best part is, our local Burlington is just steps away from my work, so I can go and shop every day.
Did you celebrate your birthday recently? What did you get?

XOXO,
The European Redhead

1 comment:

  1. Best wishes for your birthday! You got some killer gifts, especially bike, it's adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete