Thursday, July 18, 2013

I am a number One

The perfect Cara, amazing beauty blogger and Allure Beauty Blogger of the year posted a personality test today. I am a big sucker for personality tests and quizzes of all kinds, so of course I took it. And it's spot on! Ladies and gentleman, I am a number One. The Perfectionist. 


This is the description from 9types.com

Perfectionists are realistic, conscientious, and principled. They strive to live up to their high ideals.

How to Get Along with Me
  • Take your share of the responsibility so I don't end up with all the work. (If something needs to be done, I will do it. I hate asking people to do something that is super obvious in need to be done. But I really appreciate when they offer to help.)
  • Acknowledge my achievements. (Let's celebrate my new job I just started yesterday!)
  • I'm hard on myself. Reassure me that I'm fine the way I am. (I know my nose is not that crooked and my nail painting skills suck only to me, but it's nice to hear it from someone else too.)
  • Tell me that you value my advice. (I don't want to waste my time for someone who doesn't care!)
  • Be fair and considerate, as I am. (Yes, fair and square.)
  • Apologize if you have been unthoughtful. It will help me to forgive. (I need to hear that people can acknowledge their mistakes.)
  • Gently encourage me to lighten up and to laugh at myself when I get uptight, but hear my worries first. (I am very afraid of large dogs and just a thought of encountering one recently made me cry. Thanks for not laughing at me.)
What I Like About Being a One
  • being self-disciplined and able to accomplish a great deal
  • working hard to make the world a better place
  • having high standards and ethics; not compromising myself
  • being reasonable, responsible, and dedicated in everything I do
  • being able to put facts together, coming to good understandings, and figuring out wise solutions
  • being the best I can be and bringing out the best in other people
What's Hard About Being a One
  • being disappointed with myself or others when my expectations are not met 
  • feeling burdened by too much responsibility 
  • thinking that what I do is never good enough
  • not being appreciated for what I do for people 
  • being upset because others aren't trying as hard as I am 
  • obsessing about what I did or what I should do 
  • being tense, anxious, and taking things too seriously
I am not going to write a commentary on all of the above, because it will be one big YES. I can totally identify myself with being the One, having written itinerary for trips that will happen in more than a month already planned with dates and times! Having a list of Christmas presents I received from people since 2001 nicely and neatly written in my annual Christmas binder! I can go on an on, but I'm satisfied to know that there is a list of things that describe me and that there are people like me in the world.

I am not crazy, my mother got me tested!

XOXO,
The European Redhead




No comments:

Post a Comment