Thursday, June 13, 2013

What to wear when working from home

Last month I started working from home full time and I was immediately faced with the dilemma of what to wear. What do people usually wear when they sit behind their computer in the comfort of their home, without the social stigma of coworkers staring at their loose sweatpants, stained shirt and hole-y socks? Loose sweatpants, stained shirt and hole-y socks. Exactly.
But I have a closet full of fabulous office clothes and I can't stop wearing them just because nobody else is seeing them, just me! So I need to pick the comfy ones, good fitting, stylish clothes and give them work from home feel that will be appropriate between four walls of my office, but also for a random run to the post office or grocery store.
You may be an insurance agent, accountant, writer, painter, day care provider, artist, have your own home based business or simply telecommute one or two days a week. But you still need to get up, make yourself a cup of coffee and work. Isn't it better looking good while doing it?

Outfit 1: Button downs and jeggings

I want to utilize my 15+ button downs and jeggings are the most comfortable yet appropriate pair of pants out there. With cute slippers and earrings I can work from home and look like million bucks. 

Outfit 2: Stretchy pencil skirt and  T-shirt 
I am so happy all my pencil skirts are from a stretchy cotton! They pair well with simple T-shirts or layered tank tops for a day spent in the home office. 

Outfit 3: Lounge pants and tank top
The closest I can come to NOT wearing sweatpants or pajamas are harem pants and their cousin, lounge pants. Teamed with cute accessories and pop of color with pink cardigan I won't be afraid to open my front door to unexpected visitors anymore. 

What do you wear when you work from home?

XOXO, 
The European Redhead



No comments:

Post a Comment