Friday, June 7, 2013

June brings EVEN more Redheads

Red is truly the most popular hair color this summer! After four Hollywood ladies turned their tresses earlier in April, months of May and June did not fall behind and brought their own crop of gorgeous red hair.

I am really excited to see Christina Milian as a redhead. It's hard to be a woman of color and try to experiment with your hair, you have to be super careful so you won't end up like Beyonce back in 2001 with overly bleached hair. But red is a different story. Tyra Banks, Rihanna, even Janet Jackson looked great with red hair and Christina belongs right with them. 


Carly Rae Jepsen said on her Instagram that she always wanted to go red - and she did, in May! I'm totally loving the change and I wish she would show it off more in public. I always thought her dark hair with long bangs looked severe and heavy on her, and the vibrant shade of red seems to be a good fit! You go, redheaded girl :)


Evangeline Lilly is a feisty elf! I am not a Tolkien fan, but I love seeing redheads everywhere. To star in an upcoming movie The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug as and elf named Tauriel, Evangeline changed her formerly brown hair to a coppery shade of red. I don't know why is her hair color so uneven and patchy, but I appreciate her outfit in various shades of green and brown.


Who is your favorite new redhead?

XOXO,

The European Redhead

No comments:

Post a Comment