Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Dress for less: Leopard Sneakers

Dress for less

Fall is coming this month, but you can't really feel it in Central California. We had a hot summer and this month is no exception, so cozy sweaters, tall boots and warm coffee will have to wait for another two months or so. One of the biggest challenges is to find transitional items that will work in the hot temperatures but satisfy the craving for fall items that are all over magazines and Instagram. Such item are leopard sneakers, equally wearable in summer with shorts or dresses and cute with jeans when the weather finally changes in October.

If you crave luxury, Givenchy has a pair for you - for cool $900. The slip-ons are made from calf hair and leather piping at collar with leather lining. They are made in Italy and the quality of material is incredible, but for a trendy pair of shoes I would definitely not spend $875.

That brings me to Sam Edelman. Also made from calf hair with leather piping, they have more affordable price - only $79.90! You can get them at Nordstrom.
Unfortunately, the closest Nordstrom to me is about an hour away which makes it pretty impossible to take a shopping trip for one pair of shoes.

Let's talk about local options. BONGO from Kmart are the cheapest - would you believe they are under $10? Yeah, me neither. I definitely have to try them on. I am pleasantly surprised with the quality of Kmart clothing recently so I am really interested to see how they feel.

    Payless Shoes has these leopard slip-ons, with the texture almost like calf-hair. For under     $20, I think they are a smart buy this season. Plus, it's BOGO at Payless.com. Buy One Get One Half Off, plus, get FREE shipping on any purchase over $35! Valid through 9.22.2014.


 Finally, I actually tried these Target shoes on in a different pattern, because they didn't    have my size in leopard, and I didn't like the fit. They kinda curve upwards and I felt        they make my feet look huge.

Which ones do you like the most? Which ones are you most likely to buy? 

XOXO,
The European Redhead 

No comments:

Post a Comment